Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lightpainting model cars

After taking the trophy pictures I decided to try something that I had a go at about a year ago with my old point and shoot camera. This time things were a bit easier, being that this camera is an SLR and I've got a tripod now, no more soap box on the floor tripods!



25", ƒ5.0, ISO400, 50mm

Missed the focus on this one a bit, but it still looks good below 800x600 resolution. This is a 1/24th scale McLaren F1 GTR model sitting on top of a 1/10th scale touring car body, so that I wouldn't get light from the floor in the frame. I only cropped this picture.


30", ƒ5.0, ISO400, 50mm

This is a 1/10th Tamiya 2001 Impreza WRC body. I used the phone on this one again. I had to add the tires in with photoshop and I also used the clone stamp tool in PS to get rid of the mounting holes in the rear window. The focus on this shot came out a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment