Sunday, November 15, 2009

WCICS Edmonton

The first round of the Western Canadian Indoor Championship Series was held in Edmonton the first weekend of November. It was my first carpet race and holy crap, wow, it was some pretty tough racing! 50 cars in touring stock and about 35 cars in super stock. Pretty good turnout. I managed to finish 16th and 14th in each class. Not up to my normal offroad racing standards! Disappointing, but I've got an excuse, I'm a carpet n00b. The next round I'll be going to is in March, which gives me a decent amount of time to practice. Hopefully those few months will give me some time to speed up and make the A for next time.

I did get some pictures.

*Edit- The formatting on this site is insane. It won't let me set this post up the way I want. So, this is a bit messed up.

Drivers meeting. A very different feel from a RC Pro drivers meeting.



Judging concourse



Close up of my body that was literally finger painted. Going to try this style again with a couple more bodies. I like the texture, but there isn't enough differentiation between the colour and textures.

Mandie's HPI Supra on a TC3













Gary Fleigal's WGT car sporting his signature paint scheme. Nice looking car. He had a tough time with traffic in the main. Looked like there was some traction rolling going on too.

Buddha screwin' it up in a quali, lol. :-p











One last shot of the craziness from the WGT class.



My T2'007. Brushed. Yeah, that's right, not a brushless motor OMG! 































Korgae Scales with his brand new T3. Fast. The guy can wheel. All I can do is hope to stay on the same lap as him by the end of this season.










Pretty busy pit area. Not huge like the late great Winter Nats, but quite a few guys.


KETCHUP!!!!!






The "other RD" Circa! You could hear her tiny barks through the RD's sound system randomly, lol.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are seems very interesting... Thanks for sharing it..
    Punsons Flora

    ReplyDelete